Essential oils have been used for over thousands of years. Their health and beauty benefits are many, including tightening your skin, giving you a gorgeous glowing complexion, relieving you from allergies, and even healing your scars.
We even have an article on what we think are the best smelling essential oils for home that not only include the best smelling floral essential oils but also the best citrus, woody, spicy, herbal, minty, fruity, and sweet scents.
Also, it really is worth your time to find the best smelling essential oils for diffuser. If you disperse essential oils in the air, you get a lot of extra wonderful benefits along with smelling great. Your visitors have a good impression, the mood and atmosphere is positive, and everybody is happy. If you know how the extremely powerful essential oils give a delightful and healthy aroma that uplifts the mood and attitudes, you would want to know which essential oil would be best for your occasion and spread it in the air for everybody’s benefit.
Actually, before we start on essentials oils to use with a humidifier, you should know that only a few humidifiers are able to handle essential oils while many others cannot. But on the other hand, diffusers are perfect for essential oils.*** Go Back To Table of Contents ***
Table Of Contents*** You Can Click Below To Jump To Section ***
.....Humidifiers Versus Diffusers
.....A Few Tips On Your Humidifier And Diffuser
.....A Few Words Of Caution
.....Working With Essential Oils
.....But You Need To Be Careful Of Where You Buy It From
.....Go With Pure Essential Oils
.....The Best Essential Oil Brands
The Best Essential Oil For Humidifiers And Diffusers
.....To Use In Your Office Or While Studying
.....To Use In Your Home
.....To Use For Parties
.....To Use For Health Reasons
Humidifiers Versus Diffusers
If you are looking for the best essential oils humidifier, then you should know a few things. Many humidifiers maintain the humidity levels but have trouble with essential oils. You need to make sure you have the right kind of humidifier, here is why:
- Essential oils are very corrosive and will damage some kinds of humidifiers which have plastic water tanks.
- Essential oils can get stuck and clog some kinds of humidifiers that are not fit for it.
- Humidifiers come in several mechanisms - evaporative, impeller, steam, and ultrasonic. And unfortunately, most humidifiers produce thicker mist which doesn’t stay in the air that long. Also some humidifiers use heat which can change the chemical composition of the essential oils, altering the scent, and taking away any healthy benefits that essential oils had to offer.
Diffusers are the best for essential oils which they disperse into the air most effectively. They are really the best way to diffuse essential oils.
- They are made of Polypropylene (PP) material which are oil-proof, waterproof, and do not corrode.
- Diffusers come in several mechanisms - ultrasonic, heat, evaporative, and nebulizer.
- Their advanced ultrasonic vibration combines the oils with water to produce a thinner concentrated mist that lasts longer in the air, even small as nano-scale.
If you want to use both at the same time, there are two ways to do this. One is you can have a separate humidifier along with a separate diffuser. Or you can use a single humidifier diffuser combo, which does both, all in one appliance.
When you are looking for the best essential oils diffusers and humidifiers, we have a few for you. You can also pick humidifier diffuser combos which are perfect for essential oils. You can also find there the best essential oil diffuser for large spaces. Check them out below.
You might love this wonderful Radiance Nebulizing Diffuser.
It uses only pure essential oil and no water added. Also, it does not use heat so you get to keep the therapeutic properties of your oils. And it is contained in glass instead of plastic which could leech toxic chemicals.
Go Back To Table of Contents
And below is four other places you want to search for diffusers. They have excellent choices for home, office, and on the go.
A Few Tips On Your Humidifier And Diffuser
- Clean the humidifiers and diffusers thoroughly to avoid contamination.
- Follow the instructions provided with the appliance. Typically, the ratio will be 3 to 5 drops of essential oil to every 100 milliliters of water.
- You will not need to leave your humidifier with aromatization mode on for a long time. The scent will spread around the room and last for good while.
You can also combine the essential oils with carriers oils for more variety if you wish. You can find the best carrier oil for essential oils below.
The most popular ones to buy include the below.
Jojoba Carrier Oil
Rosehip Seed Carrier Oil
Safflower Carrier Oil
A Few Words Of Caution
- We advise against disperse essential oils in the air around your pets. If you have pets, try not to disperse essential oils in the air around them. This is because the droplets can land on their coat and then your pets could lick it off, inadvertently ingesting the oil. Many essential oils are toxic to animals when ingested, especially dogs and cats.
- Women who’re breastfeeding or pregnant, should exercise caution and check with their doctor first.
- People with thyroid disorders should consult with their physician before using essential oils.
Working With Essential Oils
- No matter what type of essential oil you decide you love best, try to choose one that isn’t manufactured via a chemical process. Chemical distillation can dilute or contaminate the essential oil, reducing its efficacy and scent. The best essential oils to diffuse are always organic.
- Essential oils that are packaged in amber- or dark-colored glass bottles tend to last longer without becoming rancid. Don’t purchase oils that are housed in plastic, as this may also alter the oil and its scent, or contaminate it.
- Finally, if you want, you mix essential oils with a therapeutic-grade carrier oil to dilute it or to slightly adjust the scent. It is not necessary but it is an option. It takes a tremendous amount of plant material to make essential oils, which can make some of them expensive. About 250 pounds of lavender flower make 1 pound of lavender essential oil. About 5,000 pounds of rose petals or lemon balm make 1 pound of rose or lemon balm essential oil. Because it takes so much of the plant to make an essential oil, it’s a powerful botanical medicine.
But You Need To Be Careful Of Where You Buy It From
Essential oils are not regulated and anything and everything can be put into that bottle. Also, non-organic sources can possibly contain oil sprayed with pesticides and contaminants. So only go with the brands that are 100% trusted with the highest quality products.*** Go Back To Table of Contents ***
Go With Pure Essential Oils
Not all grades of essential oils are equal. There are many out on the market that are man-made products with heavy chemicals that can cause cancer for they have toxins such as formaldehyde, benzenes, and other chemicals. The best essential oils for skin are the ones that are truly pure, which naturally fight allergies, pollens, and other bad odors. Pure essential oils are truly good for your health and build up your immune system. Naturally, they are the best you can get for your skin. We suggest avoiding any essential oils that are altered by adding synthetic chemicals or other modifications that take away the true properties of a pure essential oil. You want only the best pure essential oils. When buying, always check the label for purity. The best way to test for purity is done by GC/MS (Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometry).*** Go Back To Table of Contents ***
The Best Essential Oil Brands
When asking yourself about what is the best brand of essential oils, you should look for the ones that are of the highest quality, tested by GC/MS (Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry) which measures the overall purity of the essential oils, and verified truly as 100% pure. These are the best quality essential oils you can buy. And if people ask themselves which company does this and what is the best brand of essential oils, a few excellent names come to mind (and none of them are MLM):
Regarding the above, we personally like Jade Bloom the best but all three are very good. You cannot go wrong with any of these. They have the best quality essential oils available and the best organic essential oils. As a result, these are a few of the best places to buy essential oils when we take into consideration the purity, the strict protocols, and the high quality oils at a very reasonable price. Their products meet the highest standards, where the quality is constantly GC/MS tested and verified as 100% pure before being bottled.*** Go Back To Table of Contents ***
The Best Essential Oil For Humidifiers And Diffusers
Let us get started covering the best essential oils for diffusers and humidifiers. Ultimately, the best essential oil for you to use will depends on the occasion along with your preferences.*** Go Back To Table of Contents ***
To Use In Your Office Or While Studying
In your office you want to be productive. Your concentration and focus is of utmost importance. Whether you work at home remotely or in a corporate office or studying for school, you want to to be sharp and get things done. If you are feeling lethargic, experiencing apathy, or are less motivated for some reason, fear not. Essential oils can combat all those and really help you get the ball rolling to be at your best. It certainly is an advantage to have the best essential oils for studying. Breathing in their refreshing aroma can improve your concentration and energy. Here is our recommendations of what oils you can diffuse in the air, for work or school.
- Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Rose, and Peppermint - Wake you up, improving productivity.
- Rosemary - Probably the best essential oil for studying. It stimulates the mind and memory and is well known to be one of the best essential oils for focus.
- Bergamot – It is used in the famous Earl Grey Tea for a reason. Its aroma is bright, clean, and refreshing, boosting you with positive thoughts.
- Lemongrass – Strong earthy aroma that gets you energetic and ready to get things done.
- Clary Sage – Can help minimize distractions by evening out your mood swings and balancing hormones if they are acting up. It is a natural antidepressant and is one of the best essential oils for stress.
- Peppermint - Its dominant aroma picks you up, relieves your headaches, and sharpens your mental clarity. And it is one of the best essential oils for energy.
- Lavender - Relaxes and helps you to not be anxious or depressed, consequently boosting your productivity.
- Cinnamon – Its warm and spicy aroma helps to bring coworkers together with its familiarity and positive emotional associations.
To Use In Your Home
You and your family want a place where you can wind down from the day. A safe place and happy atmosphere where your spouse and kids can enjoy sweet companionship. Essential oils can greatly increase your quality of life at home. When choosing the best essential oils for home, a lot of it depends on the characteristics of each room. Here are our suggestions to spread into the air, for each area of your home.
- Lavender, Chamomile, and Frankincense – These are considered the best essential oils for aromatherapy. Use these to make your bedroom sedative, relaxing, and soothing. They are among the best essential oils for relaxation. Stress and tension removed.
- Lemon, Cedar, Thyme, Bergamot, or Pine – Use these to prevent viral infections and purify your shoes and outerwear.
- Cedar – Great for cozy naps like near the fireplace.
- Bergamot – Famous because of Earl Grey tea, relaxes you at home sweet home. It is one of the best calming essential oils.
- Spruce – Woodsy aroma brightens up the place, giving you a forest like feeling.
- Cinnamon – Familiar holiday scents makes your feel secure and joyful.
- Pine – Let this oil clean and deodorizes the air in the family room.
- Peppermint, Tea Tree, Lemon – Use these in the bathroom to get rid of bacteria, mold, and mildew. And these three are among the best essential oils for bath.
- Eucalyptus – Have a bath with this powerful medicinal oil that gives you a penetrating, refreshing, soothing, and uplifting aroma that invigorates your senses.
- Lavender – Let this one relax and calm you with its sweet floral aroma with a warm bath.
- Sweet Orange – Enjoy the familiar revitalizing and uplifting aroma of orange, brightening up the kitchen.
- Grapefruit – Feel cleansed and energized with its tangy citrus aroma and purifying properties during your morning breakfast.
To Use For Parties
How about those festive parties? Looking for the best essential oils combinations and the best smelling essential oil blends for diffuser use? You can use blends of essential oils to create the perfect flavor for the occasion. In your search for the best essential oil blends, check out our suggestions for blends to emit in the air. We'll tell you the best essential oil combinations to use depending on the occasion.
- Tea Party – Use Geranium, Lavender, Cedar, Patchouli to create a sweet, floral aroma that everybody will love.
- Feel At Home Party – Use Citrus essential oils and Cinnamon to create an atmosphere that portrays home sweet home, clean and cozy.
- Friend & Family Party – Use Ginger, Bergamot and Patchouli to express strength, identity, and togetherness with your close ones. Ginger gives a refreshing scent of a warmth and earthy feeling. Bergamot and Patchouli uplifts the mood.
- Cozy And Lively Dinners – Use Peppermint, Sweet Orange, Rosemary to make a delightful evening.
- Birthdays – Use Lemongrass, Grapefruit, and Sweet Orange, to give you a citrus scented celebration.
- Backyard Barbecue – Go with Rosemary, Juniper, and Cedar to give you a sweet outdoors scent.
- Engagement Events - Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, Bergamot gives you blossoms of romantic flowery floral scents.
- Game Day – Use Vetiver, Lemon, and Eucalyptus to enhance the excitement of the games.
- Holiday House Party – Use Peppermint and Pine to give you that generic holiday feel.
- New Year’s Eve Party – Use Pine, Chamomile, Ginger, Jasmine for a happy fragrance that gives positive vibes.
- Welcome Home Party - Use Pine, Cedar, Patchouli, Eucalyptus to create a welcome home atmosphere.
- Christmas – Use Frankincense, Sweet Orange, and Pine to create that famous familiar Christmas feeling.
- Outdoor Picnics – Use Lavender, Lemon, Tea Tree, Clove, Patchouli for a bright and lively picnic free from bugs. These are the best essential oils to repel mosquitoes and insects.
To Use For Health Reasons
Essential oils are extremely healthy, taking care of you both physically and mentally. When you diffuse them into the air, they have a positive effect on your immune system. And we have four below that are among the best essential oils for anxiety. And for those who are under the weather, we have included the best essential oils when sick. Chamomile, Eucalyptus, Lemon, along with Peppermint
are among the best essential oils for sickness.
- Eucalyptus – For respiratory, congestion, cold and flu symptoms. Clears up your sinuses. Clearly, one of the best essential oils for a cold.
- Frankincense – Helps fight asthma.
- Grapefruit – Helps curb sugar cravings and appetite while boosting metabolism.
- Lavender – Enables you relax and is one of the best essential oils for sleep. Lowers your blood pressure, migraines, and depression. It is one of the best essential oils for headaches. Lavender is also one of the best essential oils for migraines. And it remarkably fights insomnia.
- Lemon – Helps your respiratory system and asthma. It can clear your nasal passages just by sniffing. Naturally, it is one of the best essential oils for breathing.
- Oregano – Great for bronchitis and pneumonia. It is possibly the best essential oil for congestion.
- Peppermint – Makes you alert and improves blood circulation. Peppermint is one of the best essential oils for pain because of its high menthol content. It helps with your upper respiratory infections, headaches, nausea, and energizes you. The oil is also reputed to be the best essential oil for headaches.
- Tea Tree – Helps deal with your sinusitis.
- Chamomile – Great for asthma, stress, insomnia, colds, fevers, and nausea. It is one of the best essential oils for allergies.
- Ylang Ylang – Reduces stress.
- Rosemary – Helps on upper respiratory infections.
- Sweet Orange - Reduces anxiety.
- Grapefruit – Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Ginger – Anti-nausea.
- Citrus – Fights anxiety and these happy oils are among the best essential oils for depression.
- Clary Sage – Deals with hormonal imbalance and relieves menopausal symptoms.
- Bergamot – Fights anxiety.
- Patchouli – Antidepressant and sedative.
- Jasmine – The best jasmine essential oil which is organic helps reduce hormone-related problems like menopause and PMS symptoms.
In addition to the above, we have an entire article dedicated how to use essential oils to treat your scars.*** Go Back To Table of Contents ***
When looking for the best place to buy essential oils you want to only use the best essential oils brands that give you oils that are absolutely pure and of high quality. The below are a few of the best essential oil companies that we know of.
Make sure you are using the proper diffuser or humidifier diffuser combo to emit your essential oils in the air. Depending on the occasion, you can pick the essential oils of your choice to put in your humidifier and diffuser to produce a delightful experience that will not be easily forgotten.
P.S. - Check out how essential oils can also make your skin beautiful. Not only that, here is an awesome serum that has one of the best essential oils combinations you can get to make your face glow. It is has one of the best essential oil blends as it combines Frankincense, Neroli, and Lime essential oils.
Check it out here - The Best Serum For Glowing Skin.
Like us? Why not subscribe to our Free Newsletter? We can email you new articles and you can always unsubscribe later if you wish.*** Go Back To Table of Contents ***